Coconut Cream Hamantaschen
While you can really make any hamantaschen recipe vegan by simply using an egg replacer, I found a recipe from Ha'aretz to be an interesting change, particularly its use of coconut cream. It is adapted below.
Ingredients (for dough):
75 ml. oil
70 grams sugar
160 grams coconut cream
300 grams flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Anything! Jams, chocolate chips, peanut butter, poppyseed paste, etc.
Confectioners sugar (optional) for serving
1. Add oil and sugar to mixing bowl with an attachment for stiff dough. Mix oil and sugar in a mixing bowl with a dough hook and add coconut cream, flour, and baking powder. Mix until a dough is formed.
2. Move dough to a floured surface; flatten and cover in plastic wrap. Freeze for one hour.
3. Remove dough from freezer and roll out on a floured surface.
4. Cut circles with a cookie cutter, biscuit ring, or an upside down glass.
5. Fill middle of circles w/ 2 teaspoons of chosen filling and fold into a triangle, pinching edges to seal.
6. Put cookies back in freezer for 15 minutes.
7. Heat oven to 340 degrees.
8. Bake for 12 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, transfer to cooling racks.
10. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar (optional) and serve.